Great Way to Start the Day!
Donuts, muffins, sugary cereals, oh my! If you pay any attention to modern society you’ll quickly notice that breakfast has turned into another excuse for individuals to have dessert to start the day. Would you believe that one Cinnamon Crunch bagel from Panera with no cream cheese is 430 calories and 32 grams of sugar? That’s the same amount of sugar as one of their oatmeal cookies! Starting off the day with a poor nutritional choice such as one of these bad boys can lead to a cascade of more poor nutrition decisions. Instead focus on higher protein, higher fiber choices such as oatmeal, eggs, fruit, etc. But what if you’re craving a breakfast classic such as waffles? You’re in luck! Below you will find my favorite high protein waffle recipe. Its super easy to make and super delicious!
Blueberry Protein Waffles Recipe
Makes 4 waffles
- 1 1/2 cup uncooked oats
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 scoops 1st Phorm Level 1 Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- Preheat a waffle iron
- In a food processor or blender, blend oats and protein powder until it makes a fine powder and set aside.
- In a bowl combine flour/protein mix, egg, Greek yogurt, blueberries, baking powder, and water (add slowly) until it makes a runny batter
- Spray waffle iron with non stick spray
- Pour batter into waffle iron and let cook for about 8-10 minutes each
Nutrition Facts per waffle:
Calories: 245 Protein: 19 g Carbohydrates: 29 g Fiber: 4 g Total Fat: 6 g
There you have it! An easy, quick high protein breakfast option for you to try out this week. For more recipe ideas or a more individualized nutrition plan for your goals, contact us today!