Delicious and Nutritious!
As a Registered Dietitian, one of the most common questions I come across regards snacking. What are some good snack ideas? How many snacks per day should I have? Etc. When it comes to snack ideas, I typically try to look for highly satiating snacks or snacks that fill me up without going overboard. Typically higher protein, higher fiber snacks fit that criteria. I typically recommend having a snack with at least 15 grams of protein to assist with satiety (sense of fullness). One of my favorite high protein snacks has to be these buffalo chicken quinoa bites in which you’ll find the recipe below. They are super easy to make and they are absolutely delicious!
Buffalo Chicken Quinoa Bites Recipe
Makes 4 servings
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup shredded chicken
- 1/4 cup sharp cheddar
- 1/4 cup buffalo sauce
- 1/4 cup Panko
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- In order to shred the chicken for the recipe, place 1/2 lb chicken breast in crock pot and cook for 4-6 hours or until fork tender. Remove from crock pot and take two forks and shred the chicken breast.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a baking sheet and spray with nonstick cook spray
- In a large bowl, combine shredded chicken, quinoa, egg, panko, buffalo sauce, flour, sharp cheddar, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Scoop about 1 1/2 tablespoon of the mixture and place on baking sheet.
- Place in oven and bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
Calories: 323 Protein: 25 g Carbohydrates: 34 g Fiber: 3 g Total Fat: 9 g
There you have it! An easy, portable high protein snack for you to try out this week. For more recipe ideas or a more individualized nutrition plan for your goals, contact us today!