Looking for a high protein way to give you some energy and squash those sweet cravings?
Protein: the most popular buzzword among health and fitness fans. Whether your goal is to bulk up, lose weight, or just maintain a healthy lifestyle, protein is a key player. It’s also a great choice when you’re looking for a sweet snack to fill you up. While all those flavored powders are great on their own, sometimes you just need a little something extra to truly crush that craving. Give your sweet tooth a little love without all the calories by trying out the recipes below.
- 1 tbsp natural peanut butter
- 1 scoop vanilla level-1 protein powder
- 1 tbsp chocolate PB2
- Water as needed
- Combine 2 tbsp peanut butter, 1 tbsp chocolate PB2, and 1 scoop protein powder in a bowl
- Add water slowly to mixture and blend together until it forms a fudge like texture
- Place in fridge for 10-20 minutes
267 calories, 29 g protein, 11 g carbs, 11 g fat
Thanks to the protein and fat, this sludge recipe is a filling, nutrient-dense option. Eat it in the morning for breakfast or split the serving in half for a tasty snack. Whenever you’re craving chocolate or peanut butter, small portions of this also make a great dessert.
Protein Iced Coffee
- 1.5 scoops level-1 protein powder (chocolate or vanilla works best)
- 1 cup coffee
- Handful of ice cubes
- Place a handful of ice cubes to a shaker bottle
- Add in one cup hot coffee
- Shake until coffee cools
- Add in 1.5 scoops protein powder and shake until dissolved
211 calories, 35 g of protein, 8 g carbs, 4 g fat
This iced coffee is packed with protein and still maintains a low calorie content. Drink it when you need a filling energy boost or are craving a calorie-packed ice coffee drink.