1. Develop a relationship. You want to be comfortable and have fun with your personal trainer. It will make the workouts that much better and can motivate you to show up.
2. Show up on time. This could throw your personal trainer’s workout plan completely off. Many trainers want their clients to show up early to warm up before a session.
3. Clean up your eating. No amount of working out can hide evidence of a bad diet. Follow the advice your personal trainer gives you or see a registered dietitian.
4. Respect the stopwatch. There are reasons behind the 30-60 second rests between sets and holding the intensity of cardio intervals for specific durations.
5. Put your heart into it. Your attitude is key. Bring the passion and willingness to become more fit and healthier to your sessions.
To get started on personal training in St. Louis, please contact us for a free consultation.