NO, personal trainers are not just for celebrities (do we really have many in St. Louis?) and wealthy business tycoons. Yes, at one point it was considered fashionable to have a one but not anymore. If you are a newbie in exercising or even a seasoned athlete you will benefit greatly from personal training.
A personal trainer develops a safe and appropriate plan for you and then supervises personally to ensure you are doing it correctly. This is possible because of the knowledge he/she has gained from training and certification.
At Studio Element we take our expertise to the next level and require all our trainers to be degreed AND certified to provide you with the most knowledgeable professionals to help you achieve your goals in a healthy manner.
When to use a Personal Trainer
Have you signed up at a gym, used it a couple of times and not been there lately – because you have no idea what to do there?
Often in a gym you are lost as to what to next even though there are some trainers there.
This usually happens because these trainers are assisting a number of other people at the same time. So, they give you an exercise and off to show someone else something. This is very common in a “gym” setting, most people would be lost and then just leave the gym. If you are starting out for the first time, enlist the help of a degreed personal trainer. A studio setting with one-on-one training is the best way to reach the goals you set for yourself.
When you have specific goals and want to be guided in your workouts as well as your pre and post workout guidance its best to get a personal trainer.
Benefits of a Personal Trainer
1. Getting started – For people who are working out in the gym for the first time it makes sense for them to sign up with a personal trainer. Gym equipments if not used properly can actually end up inuring you than doing any good.
2. Personalized routine based on your requirements – Depending on your fitness level, health issues, and fitness goals a personal trainer will make an exercise routine. For example, if you have a knee injury your personal trainer will not include exercises which may strain it and also include exercises which will strengthen the knee.
3. Proper technique and form – For exercises to be effective they must be done correctly. Hours of mindless workout will do no good, but on the contrary may just cause fatigue and injury. A personal trainer ensures that the exercise is executed correctly.
4. Safety – Freak accidents in the weight room or with machines are minimized since there is supervision. Personal trainers also ensure that you are not pushing yourself beyond your capabilities which in turn prevent injuries such as muscle pulls, sprain, strain etc.
5. Motivation and accountability – It is almost like working out with a buddy. Here is this person who becomes your friend, who motivates you, pushes you to finish the counts and keeps you committed.
6. Better and faster results – Since your workout is focused and pertaining to your requirements and body type the results are better and more efficient.
7. New routines – A personal trainer will be able to see when a particular routine has stalled in giving results and will work out a new routine. This ensures you are constantly getting the most from your workout.
Can you afford a Personal Trainer?
Personal training can be more affordable than you might think and within reach of regular people. Just remember it is for your own benefit and you owe yourself this indulgence.
Training at Studio Element can be done in upfront packages where you pay for a certain amount of sessions or can be paid in on-going monthly packages. Studio Element is competitively priced with our local competition and exceeds their services as we cater to all needs: fitness, nutrition, and corporate wellness.
Ready to kick off your fitness goals with a BANG? Contact us today about your free consultation.