1. Don’t slack on nutrition. Nutrition is a big part of the process for both gaining muscle and leaning out. Eat to fuel your body.
2. Prepare ahead of time. Plan out your meals and workouts a day or week in advance. This will help you stay on track.
3. Form and control is important. You want proper form while performing an exercise to prevent injury and to use the correct muscle groups. Control your movements and focus on the muscle you are working on.
4. Cardio 411: Steady cardio is not the answer to torching fat. Try bringing your heart rate up and back down numerous times (High Intensity Interval Training).
5. Have fun and be in the moment. You will get a more effective workout if you actually want to be there and want to improve yourself. Working out should not be seen as a chore, but as a reward! Plug in those earphones and focus on you!
- Check out our talented personal trainers at Studio Element Personal Training for more advice and customized workout plans. Contact us today for a free consultation.